Based remotely with flexible working including travel to London HQ as required
£65,000 - £70,000
09 August 2021
Security Industry Authority
2 year Fixed Term Contract (with the possibility to extend). Secondments would be considered
The Security Industry Authority is the organisation responsible for regulating the private security industry. We are an independent body reporting to the Home Secretary, under the terms of the Private Security Industry Act 2001. Our work is wide ranging from counter terrorism training for security staff, to conducting routine checks at festivals to identify unlicensed security staff to supporting the drive to combat child sexual exploitation. Our vision is to help reduce criminality and standards are raised in the private security industry so that the public is, and feels, safer.
We’ve an ambitious programme of work underway dedicated to putting the customer at the heart of all our work. This can only be enabled through the critically important presence of a solid foundation of great, secure and flexible IT – as well as delivering against our digital strategy (2021-2024) as we build in new ways of working, increase capability and successfully move to a PaaS model allowing us to engage and enhance user experience for our customers and staff.
This is an unrivalled opportunity working with a dedicated senior leadership team to deliver significant impact whilst working in one of the government’s most sensitive areas.
- Work with the CIO and Transformation team to support delivery the SIA’s vision for technology, specifically the Data and Digital strategy 2021-24.
- Act as senior relationship and contracts owner for a number of service providers, working to ensure successful strategic partnering and holding providers to account for high quality outputs whilst managing the IT budget.
- Drive the migration of IAAS infrastructure to PAAS / SAAS with minimal disruption and successful outcomes.
- Establish tight control of incident management, improvements in change / problem resolution and architectural traps
- Lead, motivate and manage a team of 20FTEs + fostering a culture of inclusion and collaboration
- Practical experience of leading an IT team within a small-medium sized organisation supporting staff who work remotely.
- Proven experience of ensuring operational efficiency whilst driving a modernisation agenda
- Practical experience and demonstrable success in migrating an organisation’s office-based architecture to one that is cloud based.
- Proven commercial expertise including supplier management and building relationships and managing commercial budgets
- A proven ability to build effective relationships with diverse groups of stakeholders, capable of flexing your style, to understand and engage with different audiences
- Strong programme management skills
- Proven track record of developing high performing, agile teams
Closing Date for Applications
Monday 9 August 2021 @ 9am
Final Panel Interviews
w/c Monday 26 July 2021
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit:
- An up to date and relevant CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements
- A Supporting Statement (no more than 2 pages of A4) that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements.
- Please provide mobile and email contact details.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.
ContactsSarah Luxford: 07812 150 386Adrian Barlow: 07393 011150Sundas Gull: 07545318869