Up to £114,000
Nottingham City Council
Nottingham is a vibrant, diverse and ambitious city, but it also faces the challenges that come with deprivation. Our children and young people are at the heart of Nottingham’s future, and we are looking for a talented Director to help shape our aspirations to be an inclusive and child friendly city, to lead our children’s services to achieve the best outcomes, and to ensure children and families are at the very heart of everything we do.
At Nottingham City Council we have a self-aware and front-footed approach, allowing us to embrace opportunities for innovation and service improvement. We are creating a new era for the City and our people, responding to the unique challenges we face as an organisation along with those facing the whole sector. There is a buzz of excitement about the future and our new Director of Children’s Integrated Services will provide leadership across children’s social care, early help and with colleagues in our extensive partnerships.
We are looking for a Director who is excited about changing the lives of children and young people, who has the commitment to lead improvement in our services and the ambition to look ahead and determine where we go next. A strong collaborator, you will inspire and influence committed partners to continue to find innovative ways to change lives and raise aspirations.
Do you want to change lives in Nottingham?
Nottingham City Council strive to have a workforce that reflects our City’s diversity, and particularly want to hear from candidates who are from Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic communities or candidates that identify with having a disability.
9th August 2021 at 10am
13th August 2021
9th September 2021
10th September 2021
How to apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria. The Supporting Statement should be no longer than 2 pages.
- Candidates are also requested to submit a short up to 5-minute video explaining why you are interested in the role and what you feel bring to Nottingham City Council.
- Please detail any employment or education gaps in your CV.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
- 2. Childrens Integrated Services Plan Jan 2020.pdf
- 3. Childrens Integrated Services Workforce Strategy 2020-2023.pdf
- 4. Children In Care & Care Leavers Strategy 2018-20.pdf
- 5. Children & Young People's Plan.pdf
- 6. Council Plan.pdf
- 7. Council Plan Supplement 2019-2023.pdf
- 8. Improvement Plan.pdf
- 9. NCC Organisational Structure from 1st April 2021.pdf
- 10. Non Statutory Rapid Review.pdf
- 11. Joint Strategic Needs Assessment.docx
- 12. JSNA evidence summary chapter 201920.docx
- 13. Councillors Ward Poster May19 v4.pdf
- 14. NCC EDI Strategy 2020-23.pdf
- 15. 2028 Carbon Neutral Action Plan V2 160620.pdf
ContactsPhilip Emms: 0113 205 6078Gary Evans: 0113 205 6080Alex Hayes: 0113 205 6109