Nationwide (Board meetings are normally held in London)
£15,000 (NED) & £20,000 (NED & Audit and Risk Assurance Committee Member) - (Fixed term appointment for 3 years)
Ministry of Justice
The Ministry of Justice is a major government department at the heart of the justice system. We deliver some of the most fundamental public services including courts, tribunals, prisons, legal services, youth justice, probation services and attendance centres.
We work together with other government departments and agencies to bring the principles of justice to life for everyone in society. From our civil courts, tribunals and family law hearings to criminal justice, prison and probation services. We work to ensure that sentences are served, and offenders are encouraged to turn their lives around and become law-abiding citizens. We believe the principles of justice are pivotal and we are steadfast in our shared commitment to uphold them
We are seeking to recruit two new Non-Executive Directors, one of whom will sit on the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee. We are specifically looking for candidates who have leadership experience and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- The use of digital technology to drive transformation, innovation or process automation, leading to improved outcomes or efficiencies.
- Using data and analysis to drive performance improvement and better decision-making.
- Leadership in complex operational environments, such as logistics or large organisations providing services across multiple locations.
Successful candidates will be highly effective senior leaders in their own organisations, either operating at Board level or with clear potential to do so. Whether your background is private or public sector it is the added value of your professional and lived experience that we are interested in.
Please view the candidate information pack for more information about the role and the full list of essential criteria.
08.00am - Monday 23rd August 2021
w/c 6 September 2021
Preliminary interviews with GatenbySanderson
w/c 6 & 13 September 2021
w/c 20 September 2021
Informal discussion with Lord Chancellor
w/c 4 October 2021
Final Panel Interviews
w/c 18 October 2021
How to apply
You should register and then submit the following documentation no later than 08:00 (UK time) on Monday 23 August 2021.
1. A CV (no more than two sides of A4) setting out your career history, with key responsibilities and achievements. Please ensure you have provided reasons for any gaps within the last two years.
2. A Statement of Suitability (no more than two sides of A4) explaining how you consider your personal skills, qualities and experience, providing evidence of your suitability for the role, with particular reference to the criteria in the person specification.
3. As part of the application process you will be required to complete your diversity information. All monitoring data will be treated in the strictest confidence and will not be provided to the selection panel. We capture this information to monitor our internal vacancy filling processes with a view to ensuring that we continue to build a talented workforce with diverse perspectives and backgrounds.
4. In addition to diversity information, you will be asked whether you wish to apply for the role as part of the Disability Confident Scheme. For more information about the scheme, please see the FAQs section.
5. A completed form declaration of interests and conduct form providing details of any previous or current public appointments, and making a political activity declaration. The Governance Code for Public Appointments which sets out the process and principles, including guidance on declarations, that should underpin all public appointments made to bodies listed in the Public Appointments Order in Council can be found here.
6. Details of two professional referees together with a brief statement of the capacity and over what period of time they have known you.
Please submit and complete all of the documents listed so that the panel will have all the required information on which to assess your application against the criteria in the person specification. Please note failure to submit any of these documents will result in your application not being considered for this role.
Should candidates like to discuss the role in more detail before submitting an application, please contact Peter Guilder at GatenbySanderson on 07545 441127 or via email at email@example.com