£139,068 - £170,358
02 August 2021
Birmingham City Council
At Birmingham City Council, we’re on an exciting journey of growth and change. We’re innovating across a huge range of services, with a focus on delivering great life outcomes for our 1.2million residents. Housing, a commitment to sustainability and the development of sector-leading digital solutions and public services are central to our plans providing an exciting opportunity to join us, and deliver the boldest ideas and concepts to build on the fantastic opportunity which the Commonwealth Games 2022 offers the city and region.
As Director of Council Management & S151 Officer, you’ll influence the development of our strategy, policy, and future direction by sharing your expertise to all departments. You will build on the recent announcement CIPFA 3* financial management assessment of our finance function.
Championing customer service and customer oversight, ICT, finance and HR workforce strategies and lead new service delivery models, including our new ways of working programme.
You’ll lead on how resources will be allocated and prioritised across the Council, making sure budget and spending is used to make the biggest impact.
You’ll know how to set the direction and purpose, ensuring delivery departments and the wider system are held accountable, as well as providing world class support and governance services.
Shaping the future of Birmingham Council in a variety of ways, you’ll be responsible for all of the Council’s professional and support services and platforms, programme delivery, performance and financial management, as well as assurance and governance arrangements.
This is a truly unique role with scope to bring lasting change to a dynamic and exciting city. If you want real challenges that will maximise your potential, then get in touch.
2nd August 2021
4th August 2021
11th August 2021
18th August 2021
2nd September 2021 - pm
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
ContactsNick Cole: 07867 451 183Tim Hills: 0113 205 6085