High Wycombe/flexible location and working arrangements, with travel to member/volunteer sites nationally
Up to £110,000 plus excellent remuneration package including pension and accommodation allowance for the right candidate
05 October 2021
Civil Service Sports Council
As a membership organisation for civil servants and the broader public sector, we at the Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC) play a vital role in the organisations and communities we serve, assisting members and their families in living healthy lives and achieving wellbeing. We do this through the provision of a comprehensive, inclusive, locally driven sport and leisure programme and discounted and free leisure activities.
Our mandate has never been more important as we collectively emerge from the current global pandemic. CSSC members benefit not only from improved physical and mental health, but also from belonging to local, regional and national communities. Many of our members help to run CSSC as active volunteers, and they are the lifeblood of our organisation.
With 140,000 members, we are already one of the Top 50 membership bodies in the UK. However, we are intent on pursuing further growth and diversification, maximising our civil service membership whilst also growing in other areas of the public sector. Success in this endeavour will be dependent upon the continued relevance of our products and services, the coherent and commercial leadership of our business and the iterative development of an agile and modern infrastructure that will support growth.
You will join us at an important time then, as we embrace organisational change in pursuit of a healthy future. As our new Chief Executive, you will be a visionary and pro-active leader, with both a healthy respect for our history and big ambition for our future. With strategic and operational business change credentials, you will apply commercial and financial acumen to ensure that we are self-funding and financially sustainable in the long term, innovating, and maximising our assets and commercial partnerships in support of an exceptional, inclusive member experience that resonates with our dispersed, diverse membership base.
Our people will require outstanding, inspiring leadership and your leadership capability will need to extend beyond the usual organisational boundaries to also elicit strong engagement and performance from our volunteers and partners. Working in true partnership with our Board and volunteers nationally, you will also need to operate with gravitas and credibility at the highest levels of government and the broader public sector, to secure long term support and cooperation for our organisation.
This is both an exciting and important time for the Civil Service Sports Council and an opportunity for you to make a tangible difference by giving your time and energy to an organisation which supports the wellbeing of thousands of members.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Olivia Robinson on 0113 205 6298.
Sunday 3 October 2021
Friday 8 October 2021
w/c Monday 11 October 2021
Wednesday 20 October 2021
Wednesday 3 November 2021
How to apply
To apply for this role please include:
- an up to date copy of your CV
- A supporting statement (of not more than 3 pages) detailing how you can address the Essential and Desirable criteria in the Person Specification and how your behaviours align with those of CSSC
- Daytime, evening and/or mobile telephone numbers as well as your personal email address (to be used with discretion)
- Contact details for two referees. Referees should be people who can comment authoritatively on you as a person and as an employee and must include your current or most recent employer or his/her authorised representative. Confidential references are taken up on candidates shortlisted for formal interviews. However, we will refer back to you for confirmation that referees may be approached before any contact is made with them.
- A completed diversity monitoring form, this is part of the application process and will appear on screen.
ContactsOlivia Robinson: 0113 205 6298