05 April 2021
Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner
Consumers of immigration advice and services are often among the most vulnerable and disadvantaged members of society. That’s why the work at the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) is so critical as the non-government body that regulates the provision of immigration advice and services, ensuring they meet stringent professional standards.
We’ve an ambitious programme of work underway dedicated to putting the Advice Seeker at the heart of all our work. This can only be enabled through the critically important presence of a solid foundation of great, secure and flexible IT – from the day-to-day kit that all our staff rely on to communicate through to the mission critical software and systems that enable us to deliver effective services.
As our Head of IT you will be responsible for shaping, owning and delivering our IT strategy, with a key focus over the 2 years on cloud migration moving business applications and data from on-premise architecture to the cloud that compliments our new operating model, where in the long term there is no office base.
This is an unrivalled opportunity working with a dedicated senior leadership team to deliver significant impact whilst working in one of the government’s most sensitive areas.
- Develop and deliver on a strategy for how a cloud-based ICT infrastructure can be developed and implemented, in support of OISC staff working remotely across the UK, and how this can be best maintained and supported in the most cost-effective manner.
- Ensure the continued provision, maintenance and improvement of operational technology that is efficient, reliable and cost effective.
- Act as senior relationship and contracts owner for a number of service providers, working to ensure successful strategic partnering and holding providers to account for high quality outputs whilst managing the IT budget.
- Lead a small team, driving a culture of collaboration whilst also actively contributing to the senior leadership team to help achieve OISCs’ strategic goals.
- Network, learn and take inspiration from a wide range of sources within and outside of the OISC; participate in communities of practice and interest; collaborate with other relevant government and non-government departments and partners to build upon and share best practice.
- Practical experience of leading an IT team within a small-medium sized organisation supporting staff who work remotely.
- Practical experience and demonstrable success in migrating an organisation’s office-based architecture to one that is cloud based.
- Experience of contracting with external providers for significant elements of an IT architecture and successful management of contracts to ensure aims and objectives achieved and within budget.
- Experience of developing business cases and inputting financial requirements into processes
- Demonstrable experience of working in a fluid and/or ambiguous environment to successfully deliver outcomes when faced with uncertainty.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex information in a concise and compelling fashion to senior managers .
- Ability to analyse complex and diverse information and make effective recommendations to top management.
- Prior experience of working in a regulatory environment.
- Experience or knowledge of immigration and/or the wider legal services framework within UK.
- Previous experience of working in a strategic environment with Senior Management and Board Members.
Closing Date for Applications
Monday 22 March 2021 @ 9am
Preliminary Interviews with GatenbySanderson
Wednesday 31 March 2021 to Thursday 8 April 2021
Final Panel Interviews
TBC - w/c Monday 19 April 2021 & w/c Monday 26 April 2021
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit:
- An up to date and relevant CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements
- A Supporting Statement (no more than 2 pages of A4) that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements.
- Please provide mobile and email contact details.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.
Should you wish to have a confidential conversation with to explore this role before applying please contact Toria Lorman-Connolly on 0113 205 6062 or email Toria.Lorman-Connolly@gatenbysanderson.com