£398 per day, 2-3 days per month
The Electoral Commission
The Electoral Commission is the independent body which oversees elections and regulates political finance in the UK, accountable to parliament. We promote public confidence in the democratic process and ensure its integrity. A small yet high-impact organisation, our work is wide-reaching and of significant public interest. We work to support a healthy democracy, where elections and referendums are based on principles of trust and participation, with no undue influence and placing the voter first.
The Commission is seeking to appoint a new Electoral Commissioner with special responsibility for Northern Ireland. As a Commissioner you will bring a track record of senior level involvement in the public, not-for-profit or private sector and will be able to contribute to the leadership and strategic direction of the organisation.
You will be comfortable with scrutiny from the regulated community, politicians and the wider media and the accountability this entails. Your senior level networks throughout Northern Ireland and possibly elsewhere in the UK will help the Commission build and deepen its relationships and demonstrate its accountability for its work.
These are important times for democratic politics – if you have the motivation and passion for this area of public life, we want to hear from you.
12 noon, Friday 15 January 2021
w/c Monday 25 January 2021
w/c Monday 25 January and w/c Monday 1 February 2021
w/c Monday 8 February 2021
w/c Monday 22 February 2021
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this post, please supply:
- A comprehensive CV (no more than two sides of A4)
- A supporting statement outlining how you meet the essential criteria in the Person Specification. Please note that the supporting statement is an important part of your application and is as much the means by which you will be assessed as your CV; while there is no page limit, the panel would welcome concise and focused applications. Please see guidance on p.9 for more advice on drafting your supporting statement
Please also complete the Political Activity Declaration Form, Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, and Declaration of External Interests and/or Financial. All three forms are available to download..
All equal opportunities monitoring information will be treated as confidential and used for statistical purposes only. This information will not be treated as part of your application.
Please note that the deadline for applications will be strictly observed. To avoid technology-related difficulties or frustration, we recommend submitting your application as early as possible.
- Political Activity Declaration Form.docx
- Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form.docx
- Declaration of External Interests andor Financial Interests.docx
ContactsDuncan Ewart: 0113 205 6092