01 September 2020
NHS Health Education England
Health Education England aims to improve the health of our population, outcomes for patients and people’s experiences of care delivery through our leadership of workforce planning and development locally. We fully support excellence in health and social care through excellence in education and training. We are committed to being an exemplar of inclusive and authentic engagement, enabling innovative and productive partnership working through all of our Directorates.
As Regional Head of Nursing (London) you will be responsible for development and delivery of a portfolio focusing on nursing and midwifery, patient and public involvement, diversity, inclusion and integration priorities aligned to the HEE Mandate and business plan.
You will provide outstanding, highly visible professional leadership, clearly articulating the vision for nursing and midwifery and will lead by example. Working with colleagues you will deliver a broad regional and national portfolio of work and will manage associated regional and national teams and resources. You will work as part of the Nursing and Midwifery Directorate taking lead responsibility for corporate issues as required and will achieve success through building strong and effective partnerships across ALBs and other key stakeholders.
The post holder will:
- As a senior leader will develop and ensure the safe and effective delivery and governance and contracts ensuring high standards and a focus on enabling positive outcomes for patients.
- Lead key regional and national work programmes on behalf of HEE working across health and care systems that will establish national policy and direction provide expert clinical and professional advice , ensuring that the strategies align with national direction, is understood by key stakeholders and has effective measures of success embedded within the programmes.
- Interpret overall health and social care policy and strategy into specific actions, establishing measurable goals and outcome measures to evidence impact., this will include initiating research activity, building the professional evidence base.
- Bringing operational and leadership awareness of the specific workforce challenges with the community and primary care nursing workforce ensure that educational and skills development meets the needs of that workforce for the future. Working with key partners including LGA, Skills for Care and the Better Care Team developing a shared vision for the integrated workforce and ensuring the nursing and care workforce are equipped to work across health and care settings.
- Build strategic relationships with professional colleagues across the ALBs to ensure a clear alignment of nursing and care programmes, with national priorities and HEE mandates.
|Closing date||Tuesday 1st September 2020|
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.