£495 per day for a time commitment of 72 days per year (6 days per month)
Together for Children
Together for Children is an operationally independent company wholly owned by Sunderland City Council, working with partners, children and families to support the ongoing improvements in children’s services in the city. The organisation has a clear aim – to improve the lives of children and their families, keep children safe from harm, and ensure they have the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
We are seeking an individual of exceptional calibre and profile to provide inspirational chairmanship to the established Company Board, working to drive strategy, model culture, and seek assurance that improvement is robust and sustainable.
As the Chair you will be responsible for leading the Board, developing an effective partnership with the Council and Company Chief Executives and other executives, whilst setting the tone for excellent and constructive working relationships. You will play an important ambassadorial role both internally, holding the culture, behavior and values really close at a Board level and seeking to build those partnerships between the Board partners and key stakeholders. You will also oversee the implementation of the company strategy and ensure that executive and non-executive directors receive constructive support and challenge.
The successful candidate will:
- demonstrate a strong empathy and passion for improving and delivering excellent outcomes for children and young people;
- evidence strong and credible leadership
- lead and direct the board to develop and oversee the effective implementation of a vision and strategy for the company.
- demonstrate a high level of personal business acumen and experience;
- play a central role in the development and maintenance of strong and effective relationships with key stakeholders, including DfE, Sunderland City Council and other partner organisations
- ensure the Company adheres to the highest standards of governance and controls, to successfully achieve business and stakeholder objectives whilst controlling risk.
Remuneration is £495 per day for a time commitment of 72 days per year (6 days per month). This position will be employed directly by the Secretary of State.
For more information about TfC please see: https://www.togetherforchildren.org.uk/
|Closing date||31st January 2020|
|Preliminary interviews||7th and 10th February 2020|
|Shortlist meeting||13th February 2020|
|Final interviews||24th February and/or 2nd March|
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter of no more than 2 pages of A4 outlining how you meet the requirements for the role.