22 October 2019
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust (NUH) has an excellent national and international reputation for the quality of our patient care and for our research, education and innovation. This is a time of change for us with our new 10-year strategy launched last year along with our refreshed values and behaviours. As a first wave Integrated Care System, our role in the wider health and social care economy is evolving and we are working with partners to meet increasing demands and to effect sustainable system change. We are an ambitious organisation; committed to thinking differently about how we integrate services in order to deliver safe, high quality and effective care that is sustainable for the future health and wellbeing of our populations.
We are, by any measure, a large, complex, person-centred organisation. With over 16,000 employees from a wide range of professional backgrounds, we are one of the region’s largest employers. Based on three sites we have an annual income of just over £1 billion. Our vision is “to be outstanding in health outcomes and patient and staff experience”. We are a successful and progressive organisation; absolutely committed to our values and to working in partnership with stakeholders to deliver new models of care that meet our populations’ future health and care needs and improve their wellbeing. At this exciting time in our development we are seeking to appoint four new Non-Executives to our Board. Two will replace Board members who have reached the end of their tenure and two are additional positions that will add depth and capacity to the team.
Our new Non-Executive Directors will bring breadth to our Board’s expertise. For one of the roles we are looking for candidates with recent and significant financial leadership experience with a relevant professional qualification and for the second we are seeking a clinician with Board level experience in either a regulatory or provider environment preferably with regional or national exposure. For the other two positions we are particularly keen to hear from candidates with Board level experience in either: Digital Transformation, Strategic Human Resources and Organisational Development, Estates and Capital Management or strong Service/Process Improvement expertise. For all four positions we are seeking inspirational and resilient leaders who can bring robust challenge, support, innovation and energy to our ambitious team. An understanding of corporate governance and an absolute commitment to our values and vision will be essential.
|Closing date||9am on Monday 21 October 2019|
|Preliminary Interviews||w/c 4 November 2019|
|Final Panel Interview||Tuesday 26 November with a potential second date of Monday 25 November 2019|
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references may be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
Please forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net