Circa £90,000 (this role is a 24 month contract)
National Crime Agency
The National Crime Agency (NCA) leads the UK’s fight to cut serious and organised crime, protecting the public by targeting and pursuing those criminals who pose the greatest risk to the UK. We have national and international reach and the mandate and powers to work in partnership with others to bring the full weight of the law to bear in cutting serious and organised crime. As well as leading our own operations, NCA officers support and coordinate operational activity, providing a range of specialist capabilities to partners who help to deliver criminal justice outcomes, recover assets and prevent and disrupt criminal activity.
We are now looking for an strong HR leader to join the Agency’s senior leadership team in the newly created role of HR Chief Operating Officer (COO) at a time of significant transformation in both the Agency and the HR Function. This is a high-profile role, providing a real opportunity to shape the design and implementation of our HR operational strategy which is a key enabler for the Agency to deliver against its strategic priorities.
Over the next two years, we have an ambitious change agenda as we continue to implement the NCA’s People Strategy as well as design and implement the HR service delivery model that will sustain and continue to increase the maturity or our core people processes. We are growing as an Agency and are recruiting at scale at the same time as transforming how we deliver learning to enable us to successfully respond against the fast-evolving threat landscape and capabilities we need to continue to be able to successfully respond. We have created the role of HR COO in recognition of the scale and complexity of the next steps in this journey.
As HR COO, your remit will be to
- Set out the strategy and lead on design and implementation of the HR service delivery model that will support officers and line managers throughout the employee lifecycle and will enable an overall increase in the HR function maturity.
- Drive efficient delivery and continuous improvement of core HR processes – starting with operationalizing our large scale recruitment, learning and data & analytics services and adding additional transactional services over time. As part of this, the HR COO will take on HR leadership of the learning transformation programme.
- Together with the CPO, enable the HR function to be recognised as a strong strategic partner to the Agency’s Commands, working closely with the Director General Capabilities and the rest of the NCA Leadership team.
You will be an experienced HR leader with
- Significant HR operations delivery experience
- Strong generalist HR knowledge from working in complex environment
- Proven track record in design and delivery of large-scale change programmes that include technology components
- Senior management experience in building teams
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
For a confidential discussion, please contact our advising consultant GatenbySanderson: Olivia Robinson on 0113 205 6298
|Closing date||2nd June 2019|
|Short listing||W/C 24th June 2019|
|Staff Engagement Assessment||W/C 1st July 2019|
|Final panel||W/C 15th July 2019|
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement (no more than 3 pages) that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. We will not approach your referees without your prior permission.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.