1 Personal Information
1.2 GatenbySanderson Limited (we, us, our) is a registered data controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998. Details of our notification to the data protection regulator may be found in the Information Commissioner’s Office Public Register of Data Controllers at ico.org.uk under registration number Z9032296. Our registered office address is at 14 King Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 2HL.
1.3 Our Data Protection Officer is: Sam Ellis.
2 General Information
- (a) visit our websites at:
(i) www.gatenbysanderson.com (our Main Website); or
(ii) apply.gatenbysanderson.com (our Application Process Website); or
(b) register an account with us on our Main Website (Your Account); and/or
- (c) apply for job vacancies advertised on the Websites,
and how we handle your information in respect of our agreement with you to provide recruitment services (together, our Services) to ensure that we protect your rights.
3 What information do we collect?
3.1 When you use the Websites and / or our Services we may ask you to provide certain information such as, your name, date of birth and contact details (including your address, email address, and contact telephone number).
3.2 When you register Your Account with us on our Website or wish to apply for job vacancies listed on our Main Website, we may also ask you to provide certain information including:
- (a) details of your employment history, career experience and skills;
- (b) copies of your CV, job application, a covering letter and supporting statements; and / or
- (c) suitable references from your employer or other third party referees.
Sensitive personal information
3.4 In order to provide you with our Services we may also need to collect personal data which the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA 1998) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regards as sensitive or special categories of personal data, such as information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health or sexual orientation (Background Information) and/or information relating to any criminal convictions you have or offences you may have committed (Criminal Records Information) (Background Information and Criminal Records Information, together, being Sensitive Data).
3.5 By completing our equal opportunities form (Equal Opportunities Form) which forms part of our online application process (in respect of your Background Information) and/or by providing us with any Criminal Records Information requested for the purposes of providing our Services you will signify your explicit consent to such Sensitive Data being processed by us.
3.6 Please note that answers to all questions on our Equal Opportunities Form are optional and you can always provide a “prefer not to say” response. However, we may be required to obtain Criminal Records Information from you in order to assess your suitability for certain job roles; if you do not wish to provide your Criminal Records Information then we may be unable to process your application (including dealing with any in-flight applications) any further.
4 What do we use your information for?
4.1 You have the right to be told the legal basis and purposes for the processing of your personal data. We are relying on your explicit consent to the processing of your personal data (including any Sensitive Data, as defined above). This means that if you exercise your right to withdraw your consent (please see paragraph 8 below) we will no longer be able to process your data (including dealing with any in-flight applications). Please note we may retain a copy of your data in accordance with our data retention policy.
4.2 We may use your information for the following purposes:
- (a) to:
(i) manage Your Account, process any information provided by you to us and to store your personal data in our databases;
(ii) process any applications made by you for job vacancies advertised on the Websites and manage the recruitment process, including contacting and liaising with employers in relation to your applications;
(iii) assess your suitability for any job vacancies for which you have applied via our Websites or for which we think you may be suitable;
(iv) allow us to analyse your employment preferences and personalise our recruitment services to you; (v) as part of our due diligence process, to validate the information provided by you (and, in some cases, match it against information that has been collected by a third party, including background checks such as bankruptcy and insolvency registers, disqualified company director registers, Criminal Records Bureau / Disclosure and Barring Service checks and for proof of eligibility to work in the UK) and to check that the data we hold about our you is accurate, consistent and up to date;
(vi) pre-populate fields on our Website and on application forms where you are applying for a vacancy that is advertised on our Websites to make it easier for you to provide information when you return to our Websites (but you may remove pre-populated data before submitting the application); and
(vii) discuss with our client contacts your suitability for job roles in which we think you may be interested or suitable, on the basis that such processing is necessary in order to perform our Services;
- (b) for our own market intelligence gathering purposes, to enable us to understand the recruitment market and prepare demographic, analytical, statistical or market information (which may include aggregating your data with, and benchmarking it against, data received from other individuals, clients and employers) and to improve our services (all on the basis that your personal data will be completely anonymised and you will not be capable of being identified from such information if we share it externally);
- (c) to contact third parties such as your employer/referees whom you have nominated to verify information about yourself. By providing us with your employer/referee details when registering Your Account and/or when applying for job vacancies advertised on the Websites, you are deemed to have provided us with your consent to us contacting such employer/referees;
- (d) for such purposes as are reasonably necessary to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject in the performance of our Services; and
- (e) to communicate with you, including sending you information about job vacancies which we think may be of interest to you and to send you event invites, newsletters and updates on the basis that you have given your consent to such processing by opting-in to receiving marketing information from us on the Manage My Profile page on Your Account. You will be able to opt-out of such communications at any time by contacting us using the contact details in paragraph 12, below, or by opting-out of receiving marketing information from us via the “Manage My Profile” page on Your Account.
4.3 Please note that we may also use your personal data to prepare, use and disclose statistical and demographic information regarding use of the Websites for the purposes of improving the Websites (in pursuit of the legitimate interests of improving the Websites for the benefit of you and our other clients to whom we provide our Services) and for our marketing purposes (in no circumstances will you be capable of being identified from such statistical and demographic information).
4.4 We shall periodically check that the personal data we store for you is accurate. If you would like to update the personal data we hold about you, please contact us with your request using the contact details at paragraph 12, below or by logging-in to Your Account and updating your personal details on the Manage My Profile page on Your Account.