Non Executive Director
- Port of Tyne
- Central Government
- GBP £14,566 for 14 days per annum
- Closing Date
The Port of Tyne, one of the largest UK trust ports, is an independent statutory body governed by its own, unique, local legislation and controlled by an independent Board of Directors. Its primary duty is to manage, maintain, develop and improve the Port for the benefit of all its stakeholders.
We are seeking to appoint up to two Non-Executive Directors and applicants must be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
- Business and commercial imperatives
- The Port’s interaction with stakeholders; local, regional and national in political, commercial and community sectors – to this end, experience of working in or with the public sector would be an advantage
- Board level or equivalent experience
- Experience of partnership working; joint ventures, project development and large-scale financial management
In addition, for one of the opportunities we are seeking candidates with a strong financial background.
Remuneration for this position is £14,566 for 14 days per annum. This is a public appointment made by the Secretary of State for Transport with a three year tenure and the potential for renewal.
Closing date: 5pm on 1 December 2017.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.
NB: the timetable dates shown below are only a guide and may change.
How to apply
This is a public appointment made by the Secretary of State for Transport. The DfT is committed to the principles of appointments based on merit with independent assessment, openness and transparency of process. In particular, the Department is committed to addressing the underrepresentation of women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities who have the required skills and experience.
Applications must include the following:
- a full CV with contact details, educational and professional qualifications, a full career history and details of relevant achievements.
- A short supporting statement of no more than 2 sides of A4, providing evidence and detailed examples of how you can address the Experience criteria in the Person Specification
- The names, addresses and contact details of two referees. NB: we will not contact referees until shortlist stage and then only with your permission
Applications should be made only via this website quoting reference GSe35753. Once submitted through the website, you will receive an immediate acknowledgement. If you do not receive this or have any technical problems uploading your application, please contact GatenbySanderson before the deadline for submission on 020 7426 3994.
Candidates must also complete and sign the DfT screening and diversity monitoring form and submit it through the website with the application. Please note that unless a signed copy of this form is submitted, an application cannot be taken forward.
The deadline for submission is 5pm Friday 1 December 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Katrina Paget
- 020 7426 3994
- Olivia Robinson
- 0113 205 6298