Director of Health & Safety and Environment
- Port of Tyne
- Tyne and Wear
- GBP Competitive salary and Benefits Package
- Closing Date
The Port of Tyne in North East England is one of the UK’s major deep-sea ports - a vital trading gateway to world-wide markets. The Port has operated on the Tyne since Roman times and became a trust port, constituted by Act of Parliament, in 1968. We have no shareholders or owners and are governed by an independent Board. We receive no Government funding, and are run on a commercial basis, reinvesting all profits back into the business for the benefit of all of its stakeholders - customers, employees, business, Government and the community.
We are looking for a new Director to join our leadership team. Reporting to the CEO, you will responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership in the key areas of Health and Safety, Environment and Quality Management.
- Educated to degree level
- Proven track record of strategic leadership within a diverse business environment
- Previous experience of managing Health and Safety and Environment Functions
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience of leading behavioural/cultural change management programmes
- Able to encourage innovation and drive continuous improvement
- Experience of risk management, compliance and internal audits
How to Apply
To apply for the Director of Health and Safety and Environment position, please follow these instructions and submit your application no later than Friday 6 October 2017:
- A CV (no longer than three pages) setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements.
- A statement of suitability (no longer than two pages) explaining how you consider your personal skills, qualities and experience provide evidence of your suitability for the role, particularly addressing the areas covered in the person specification.
- Please also provide details of two referees together with a brief statement of the capacity in which, and the length of time for which, they have known you (referees will not be contacted before final interviews without your express permission). The successful candidate will be subject to final references before an appointment can be formally offered.
- A completed Equality Monitoring Form. When you have submitted your CV and supporting statement, the Equality Monitoring Form will appear for you to complete electronically. All monitoring data will be treated in the strictest confidence and will not affect your application in any way.
If you do not receive an acknowledgement of your application within 48 hours please contact: Michael Dobson of GatenbySanderson on 020 7426 3968.
For an informal confidential discussion about the role please contact Michael Dobson on 0207 426 3968 or Matt Malone on 0113 205 6063.
- Michael Dobson
- 0207 426 3968
- Matt Malone
- 0113 205 6063