Chief Operating Officer
- Portsmouth Catholic Diocese
- Not For Profit
- GBP Up to £100,000 per annum (depending on relevant experience)
- Closing Date
Stretching from Bournemouth to Oxford, the Diocese of Portsmouth is one of the 22 Dioceses in the UK which forms part of the Roman Catholic Church, the world’s largest organisation with 1.3bn members. The head of the Dioceses is Bishop Philip Egan, who leads an organisation formed of three Vicariates, each representing the three dynamically interrelated strands of Christian discipleship.
As Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for the entire business function of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Portsmouth Trust: driving sensitive change in delivering the Bishop’s vision and working closely with the Trustees of the Charity and the Chairs of each of the Vicariates to deliver their strategies. The successful candidate will be a collaborative leader who can work strategically and operationally, with a proven track record in senior management gained in a multi-site organisation. Exceptional interpersonal skills are essential, along with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels. You will be an experienced leader of people – inspiring, motivating and supportive of our committed and dedicated team.
This appointment comes at an exciting time in the development of the Church and Portsmouth Diocese in particular – a time when we have much to contribute to the wider society in terms of ethical and spiritual values. We are looking for a committed Christian who shares our values and drive towards fulfilment of the Charity’s Mission.
Closing date is 10am on 15th October 2018.
To express an interest in this role and to be considered for it, please submit the following via the GatenbySanderson website:
- A full CV including details of two referees who we would be able to contact at shortlist stage;
- A supporting statement of no more than 3 pages (A4/font size 12) which addresses the Part One of the person specification. Please also clearly highlight your motivations for applying, the aspects of the job description and work of the Trust that particularly attract you to the post, how you will meet the challenges of the role and how you will contribute to our future.
- Details of your availability on the dates provided in the indicative timetable.
Please also ensure you have also completed and submitted the equal opportunities monitoring form provided on this site. The information on the form will be treated as confidential, and used for statistical purposes only. The form will not be treated as part of your application.
The closing date for applications is Monday 15th October at 10am.
If you have any queries about any aspect of the appointment process, need additional information or wish to have an informal and confidential discussion, then our advising consultants at GatenbySanderson, Juliet Brown (0113 205 6089) or Katy Giddens (020 7426 3973) will be pleased to take your call.
GatenbySanderson will respect the privacy of any initial approach or expression of interest in this role, whether formal or informal.
- Ludovica Orlando
- 020 7426 3993