26 May 2020
An interim Director of Commissioning and Programmes is required for a 6 month interim role based in London. Reporting into the Chief Executive and working alongside the CFO and Director of Corporate Services, you will be responsible for the performance management of commissioned services whilst delivering strategic objectives and ensuring robust business cases are in place for future investment. You will also be the strategic lead for the development of key relationships with partners across London.
This role is working within the crime and justice sector and will also be responsible for the commissioning of services in relation to Police and Crime Plan as well as developing relationships with criminal justice partners. It will also be the lead in working with Councils and Heads of Community Safety.
Key experience for the role includes:
- Experience of working with local authorities and with communities
- Ideally from a local authority background
- Experience of commissioning
- Strong partnership and stakeholder skills – and ability to deal with complex relationships at a senior level within Government
- Criminal justice experience
- Strong strategy development ability with strong analytical skills. Able to proactivey translate ideas and plans into action with a high degree of flexibility as to the method of delivery.
- Good knowledge of public sector governance arrangements and the requirements of public accountability and transparency
- Significant senior leadership experience in a policing, criminal justice or similarly complex stakeholder environment
This role will be offered on a day rate Inside IR35.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.