Buckinghamshire Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP)
Buckinghamshire Local Enterprise Partnership’s ambition is to bring about sustainable economic growth for Buckinghamshire, key to this is the Buckinghamshire Enterprise Zone (BEZ) which comprises of three sites at Silverstone Park, Westcott Park, and Aylesbury Woodlands with a combined capacity to deliver over 300,000m2 of employment floorspace. Critical to the success of the Enterprise Zone is the appointment of a Head of Enterprise Zone Development that can continue the expansion and progression.
Reporting to the LEP CEO, the Head of Enterprise Development will be responsible for:
- Leading the implementation of the BEZ delivery programme outlined in the BEZ Business Plan.
- Providing professional advice to the BEZ Board and managing the Board’s meetings and activities.
- Developing and appraising investment opportunity business cases to utilise BEZ retained rates income.
- Procuring and managing consultants to obtain key advice in support of the BEZ programme.
- Procure all necessary support services to advance delivery of infrastructure on the BEZ sites.
- Supporting & enabling planning processes together with Buckinghamshire Council to guide and shape new development across the BEZ.
- Agreeing and being responsible for the use of BEZ budgets, including forward funding critical infrastructure, securing external funding where appropriate and processing annual applications for BEZ Business Rates Relief from eligible businesses.
- Liaising with landowners and developers to bring forward development on the BEZ sites.
- Working with Buckinghamshire Growth Hub (Buckinghamshire Business First) to guide the delivery of the appropriate business and skills support services to companies located on the BEZ sites.
- Working constructively with the appropriate Government Departments and other national agencies in delivering the BEZ programme.
If you are a tenacious and commercially focused individual with experience in economic growth and with excellent relationship management experience across the private sector, local government, and central government, then this could be a perfect opportunity for you.
To arrange a confidential conversation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Sunday 2nd October 2022
Monday 10th October 2022
w/c 10th October 2022
Thursday 20th October 2022
w/c 31st October 2022
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org