It has been a tough few months for the sector, and we know that many of you have been working flat out to develop new ways to deliver services and support your communities. Here at GatenbySanderson we have also been adapting to the difficult circumstances, including working from home and managing ‘virtual’ recruitment processes. It will of course be interesting to see how much of these new methods remain if/when we return to some sort of normality.
Despite the situation, we have of course still been supporting local authorities in the North with appointments over the last couple of months. These include:
- Bury Council, Executive Director of Strategic Commissioning: William Blandamer
- Cheshire West & Chester Council, Director of Housing, Economy & Planning: Gemma Davies
- Cheshire West & Chester Council, Head of Economic Growth: Catherine Walker
- County Durham Care Partnership, Director of Integrated Community Services: Michael Laing
- Derbyshire Dales District Council, Director of Corporate and Customer Services (Monitoring Officer): James McLaughlin
- Knowsley Council, Head of Service - Safeguarding (Children's): Lara Wood
- Leeds Academic Health Partnership, Director of Leeds Strategic Workforce and Health and Care Academy: Kate O'Connell
- North Yorkshire Moors National Park Authority, Chief Executive: Thomas Hind
- Rochdale Council, Head of Children's Services - Performance and Improvement: Bev Paris.
Good luck to all in their new positions!
We have also been involved in the appointment of Joanna Averley as Chief Planner for the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government. See here.
During this challenging time for the sector, we have been pleased to support clients with some workshops on resilience and change. My colleague Jody Goldsworthy wrote an article about recognising the role of emotion in leading change which may be of interest, you can read it here.
Keep well and safe, and don’t hesitate to get in touch if you need to talk to GS about any support for interim or permanent recruitment, or leadership development.
Luke Judd, Partner, Local Government