September is usually a busy time for recruitment as most organisations tend to hold back from advertising over the summer – and this year is no exception.
GS has over 60 public sector jobs live in September including the Chief Executive of Birmingham City Council, the Deputy Treasurer at GMCA, the Chief Executive of Skills for Care, and the Chief Executive of Money and Pensions Service (DWP). We are also pleased to have supported the following appointments over the last couple of months – Good luck to all in their new roles:
- Julie Murphy as Chief Finance Officer at Rochdale Council
- Rebecca Huddleston as Corporate Strategic Lead of Transformation and Reform at Rochdale Council
- Steve Wilson as Treasurer at GMCA (replacing Richard Paver, who is retiring this year)
- Ged Rowney as the interim DCS at Trafford Council
- Alan Adams as the interim CEO at Doncaster Children’s Trust
- Tinu Olowe as the Director of HR & OD at LB Enfield
- Sarah McClinton as the DASS at RB Greenwich
- Zoe Fearon as the AD Children’s Social Care at Salford City Council
- Elizabeth Griffiths as the AD for Public Health at Birmingham City Council.
In the market, we continue to see demand for senior Finance, Operations and HR capability. Skills around Commercial Development and Asset Management continue to come to market along with a noticeable increase in Governance. Despite the continued political disruption, public services continue to plan for a more commercial future with a greater focus upon both customer and investment strategies while building greater internal governance capability. To see a full list of our current roles click here.
We recently launched our Insight Programme in the North East; The Insight Programme was developed in response to the challenge to build more diverse non-executive Boards in the Health sector, that are truly representative of the communities they serve. Since 2016, the programme has supported over 50 participants, enabling them to build their knowledge of the complex governance in the sector and their confidence operating at a non-executive level; find out more here.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you need to talk to GatenbySanderson about any support for interim or permanent recruitment, as well as team development needs in your authority. You can contact Luke Judd at