to us in connection with your use of the following linked websites
Public Networks and
Pinpoint Leader (the "Websites").
1 Personal Information
- 1.1 When you use any of the Websites, in particular if you have registered with us, you may provide us with personal information
about you such as your name, address, date of birth, fax and telephone numbers and email address ("personal information").
We are committed to protecting your privacy, and will only use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- 1.2 You are entitled by law to ask for a copy of your personal information at any time by contacting us either: (a) at the following email
or such other email address as may be displayed on the "Contact Us" section of any of the Websites from time to time; or (b) by post
to Data Protection Officer, GatenbySanderson Limited, 14 King Street, Leeds. West Yorkshire, LS1 2HL. We may charge you a fee for this which shall
not exceed £10. You are entitled to ask us to correct or update your personal information at any time by contacting us at these postal or
email addresses or through completion of the appropriate form on the Website.
2 Uses made of personal information
- 2.2 We may use your personal information:
- 2.1.1 for maintaining your registration;
- 2.1.3 if you have registered on the Websites, for sending you our general newsletters and to contact you with details of vacancies
(by the methods you have requested) which your profile indicates might be of interest to you, unless:
- (a) when registering, you indicated that you did not wish to receive this information; or
- (b) you have told us that you no longer wish to receive this information by any particular method or at all by contacting us though use of the
links provided on any SMS or e-mail communication, by use of the appropriate web form or at the contact points set out in paragraph 1.2 above;
- 2.1.4 to pre-populate application forms and the like where you are applying for a vacancy that is advertised on any Website (but you may remove
pre-populated data before submitting the application); and
- 2.1.5 to prepare, use and disclose statistical and demographic information regarding use of the Websites for the purposes of improving the Websites
and for our marketing purposes. In no circumstances will you be capable of being identified from such statistical and demographic information.
- 2.2 We will not pass your personal information from which you can be indentified to any person unless you have specifically instructed us to do so.
- 2.3 We will not export your personal information outside the European Economic Area unless you have specifically requested us to do so (but we may infer
your request if you have completed an application form for an employer that is based outside the European Economic Area).
- 2.4 Your registration information is valid for each of the Websites and your personal information may be used in respect of each of the Websites.
3 Disclosure of your personal information
- 3.1 You consent to us disclosing your personal information to third parties:
- 3.1.1 in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of
such business or assets;
- 3.1.2 if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply such
other terms as apply to our relationship, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, ourselves or others. This includes exchanging
information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection; and
- 3.1.3 if we determine that such disclosure is necessary in connection with any investigation or complaint regarding your use of any Website.
- 4.1 Certain parts of the Websites use "cookies" to keep track of your visit and to help you navigate between sections. A cookie is a small
data file that certain websites store on your computer's hard-drive when you visit such websites. Cookies can contain information such as your user ID
and the pages you have visited. The only personal information a cookie contains is information that you have personally supplied.
you are visiting and to recognise you when you return. Our cookies do not directly read any other data from your computer's hard-drive or read cookies created
by other websites that you have visited.
- 4.3 You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. If, however, you select
this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Websites. See http://www.allaboutcookies.org for
more information about cookies and how to disable them in your browser.
5 European Privacy Legislation
essential and have, therefore, already been set. Businesses in the UK have been given a period of one year to comply with the new law. We are using this period
to investigate and update the website accordingly, to ensure that we are compliant with the law and to continue to provide the level of service our visitors
have come to expect.
Please be reassured that any information stored in cookies is not shared with any third party, except for Google Analytics which is anonymous, aggregated data.
The cookies used on this site are purely for statistical purposes and for the website to function. For more information please refer to sections 3 and 4 of this
You may delete and block all cookies from this site if you wish by using the settings in your web browser, but be aware that doing so will currently stop the site
from working. More information about the new legislation can be read on the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website.
- 6.1 The Websites have numerous security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control, such as passwords
and firewalls. We cannot, however, guarantee that these measures are, or will remain, adequate. We do, however, take data security seriously and will
use our reasonable endeavours to protect the integrity of the information you provide.
- 6.2 If you register to use secured parts of the Websites, you may be asked to create a password. You must keep this password confidential and must not
disclose it or share it with anyone. You will be responsible for all activities that occur under your password. If you know or suspect that someone else
knows your password you should notify us immediately at the contact points in paragraph 1.2 above. If we have reason to believe that there is likely to
be a breach of security or misuse of the Website, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account until your identity has been
verified and the account has been satisfactorily secured.
- 6.3 Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these
websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before
you submit any personal data to these websites.
alterations as and when they are posted on the Websites and should you object to any alteration, please let us know at the contact points set out in paragraph
We are sorry if you have any complaints regarding our use of your personal information, but please let us know via the contact points in paragraph 1.2 above.
If you wish to take the matter further, you may contact the UK Information Commissioner at: Information Commissioner's Office